Osho Heart (Atisha) meditatie
email@example.com | 0703460023
This meditation offers a soft method by using your breath to transform negative energy into blissfulness. Become a transforming force within existence.
- 5 minutes: Into the heart
- First bring your awareness to your body, and later to your Heart Chakra
- 15 minutes: Begin with yourself
- Feel your misery, your suffering, your pain. Experience it, and then start absorbing it.
- Let the suffering ride on your incoming breath and absorb it into your heart. Your heart can do miracles, as the energy passes through your heart it becomes bliss, it becomes blessing. Then let these blessings ride on the outgoing breath spreading to all nooks and corners of existence.
"Rather than starting by taking the whole misery of the world and absorbing it in the heart, start with your own misery. Don't go into the deep sea so fast; learn swimming in the shallow water. If you immediately start taking the misery of the whole existence, it will remain simply an experiment in speculation. It won't be real, it can't be real. It will be just verbal."
"You can say to yourself, "Yes, I am taking the misery of the whole world" - but what do you know of the misery of the whole world? You have not even experienced your own misery.
"We go on avoiding our own misery. If you feel miserable, you put on the radio or the TV and you become engaged. You start reading the news-paper so that you can forget your misery or you go to the movies, or you go to your woman or your man. You go to the club, you go shopping in the market, just somehow to keep yourself away from yourself, so that you need not see the wound, so that you need not look at how much it hurts within."
- 15 minutes: Include all the people of the world
- Expand this process ..... throughout the world.
"And the method is, when you breathe in - listen carefully, it is one of the greatest methods - when you breathe in, think that you are breathing in all the miseries of all the people in the world. All the darkness, all the negativity, all the hell that exists anywhere, you are breathing it in. And let it be absorbed in your heart.
You may have read or heard about the so-called positive thinkers of the West. They say just the opposite - they don't know what they are saying. They say, "When you breathe out, throw out all your misery and negativity; and when you breathe in, breathe in joy, positivity, happiness, cheer-fulness."
Atisha's method is just the opposite: when you breathe in, breathe in all the misery and suffering of all the beings of the world - past, present and future. And when you breathe out, breathe out all the joy that you have, all the blissfulness that you have, all the benediction that you have. Breathe out, pour yourself into existence. This is the method of compassion: drink in all the suffering and pour out all the blessings.
And you will be surprised if you do it. The moment you take all the sufferings of the world inside you, they are no longer sufferings. The heart immediately transforms the energy. The heart is a transforming force: drink in misery, and it is transformed into blissfulness ..... then pour it out."
- 15 minutes: Come back
- Now completely withdraw your attention from the world, from others, even from yourself. Lie down, close your eyes, be silent and still.